Goodness gracious, if you have not seen this movie, you are missing quite an adventure. We finally got around to seeing it last night. I have to admit, it did make me a little sick. But that sick feeling inspired me to never ever eat McDonalds again. =) Actually it mostly just inspired me to want to take care of my body. And one realizes while watching the film what a horrible situation our culture is in, nutritionally. I think it was good for me to watch as a future parent considering how easy it is to get caught up in the fast-food craze when you have kids.
So this guy conducts this experiment where he only eats McDonalds for 30 days straight. He must eat 3 meals a day and he can not consume anything that is not McD's. Even water. He was extremely healthy to begin with and even his Dr.'s said he would probably not notice too much of a change, aside from gaining some weight. Well halfway through the experiment they sang a different tune. They couldn't believe what a strain this put on his body and were shocked especially at how much damage he was doing to his liver. (and other organs, too) It was comparable to that of an alcoholic. He gained 25 pounds in 1 month, which took him over a year to completely lose. I could go on forever, but most of you are probably familiar with the movie. I highly recommend it!

No comments:
Post a Comment