
Andy and I had a wonderful, relaxing vacation camping in Hume Lake. This time we stayed for a full 5 1/2 days. It was a wonderful respite, except our activities were limited because I suffered from a slight sprain on my foot and Andy from a knee problem. =( [we're falling apart!] Very disheartening since our morning jogs around the lake have become one of our favorite Hume pastimes. We still were able to get out & run 3 times, though, and we enjoyed a trip to Boyden Cave, General Grant Tree and Panoramic Point. Not excluding, of course, a couple of delicious milkshakes at the infamous Snack 'N Scam.

Sounds like you had a great time at Hume Lake. How far away is it? I think Eric & I just might need to take a trip there sometime.
ReplyDeletei've been camping at hume just once, but it was great fun. especially since we went with a group - so the labor was spread out among everyone. how fun for you guys. we keep saying we want to go camping, and something seems to come up every weekend to stop us.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm really starting to enjoy camping! It's somehow sporty and relaxing at the same time. The only thing I hate is how dirty you get. Kristin, Hume is in the Sequoias (5 hr drive). There's a Christian youth camp there all summer, so having the kids around is a lot of fun. (especially since we seem to always run into people we know)
ReplyDeleteNice picture, did you guys scam at the snack and scam?
ReplyDelete